JTC 1 has close links with a broad spectrum of industries. JTC 1 benefits from the rapid, market-driven work of de facto standards-setting organizations and industry consortia. The participation of many technical experts who are involved in national standardization bodies enhances the effectiveness of the work of the JTC 1. The experts provide on how ISO/IEC JTC 1 standards are being used, help identify any gaps or inconsistencies that need to be addressed.
Currently, about 120 organizations coordinate and work closely with ISO/IEC JTC 1.
ISO/IEC JTC 1 recognizes the work of other organizations. Nine of these organizations are approved to submit publicly available specifications (PAS) as drafts for review and approval as international ISO/IEC JTC 1 standards.
- Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF)
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS)
- Object Management Group (OMG)
- Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- The Open Group
- Trusted Computing Group (TCG)
- UPnP Forum
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)