SC 7 delivers standards in the area of software and systems engineering that meet market and professional requirements. SC 7 has initiated work on Agile & DevOps standardization in multiple Working Groups and also directly under SC 7. The details are as under:
SC 7 Direct
Development of two Technical Reports for defining:
- Agile and DevOps Principles and Practices
- Agile Readiness and Success Criteria
SC 7 WG2 – System Software Documentation
- WG2 has an agile standard for technical communication that was updated and published in 2018. It is ISO/IEC/IEEE 26515.
SC 7 WG7 – System Life Cycle Process
- Exploring possibility of collaborating with IEEE on Agile & DevOps as per the PSDO agreement.
SC 7 WG20 – Software and systems bodies of knowledge and professionalization
- BOKs and Certifications Schemes can touch on Agile and DevOps.
SC 7 WG24 – SLC Profile and guidelines for VSE
- TR 29110-5-4 Systems and software engineering — Lifecycle profiles for Very Small Entities (VSEs) — Part 5-4: Agile Software Development Guidelines
- TR 29110-5-5 Systems and software engineering — Lifecycle profiles for Very Small Entities (VSEs) — Part 5-5: DevOps Guidelines
SC 7 WG26 – Testing
- WG26 are working on a TR – 29119-6 Software and Systems Engineering — Software Testing — Part 6: Guidelines for the use of ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 in Agile Projects.
- The published ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-1/-2/-3 also include coverage of agile.
SC 7 WG 42 – Architecture
- Exploring the possibility to add Agility to the scope of 42021 – Guide to 42020 (Software, systems and enterprise — Architecture processes)